Monday, March 19, 2007

Get me off the ground

It was 4th of July, the public library was the scene of the happening-est, throw-ing-est downiest band this side of the Appalachians. But it wasn't to be. The tech guys blamed it on the rain but I know better: it was the man keeping us down. 'Lift' was the second song that day, the Belts opened with a pretty cool take on the 'Star Spangled Banner'. Why isn't in this video? I blame the man.

You know, some of the earliest film that still exists comes from the 1901 Pan-American Fair in Buffalo where President McKinley was to give a speech. The cameraman in Buffalo (kinda like the cameraman here), is patiently waiting for the president to appear but little does he know that McKinley was busy being assassinated on the other side of that wall. You know who took down McKinley, don't you? That's right, it was the man. The Yellow Belts have had their President McKinley moment and if it were to happen again it would be like jumping the shark.

Yellow Belts -- 'Lift' (shortest Yellow Belts show ever)

(Incidentally, the music editor is just off-camera, if you could imagine the cameraman turning sharply to his right, you might imagine catching a glimpse of the music editor, who is probably imagining himself looking cool on the scene)

2 comments:

Trigger P. Smits said...

I like the sound of the rock and the roll that you are displaying in this hear entry, and I think I might have to order me some Yellow Belts. Great energy.

Hey, man, can you (or the Yellow Belts for that matter) recommend a preferred KY bourbon?

Bully Magnet said...

I'd recommend Woodford Reserve, good stuff (there's an even better one that is escaping me at the moment). The boys in the Belts would probably recommend Old Milwaukee and weed.