Sunday, June 8, 2008

Today in Sydney

Son of Rambow has been a festival favorite for the last few months. Kung Fu Panda isn't the only American film playing, there's also one called Momma's Man (sounds talk-y). There's a new Takashi Miike; I believe I've seen enough Miike to last me a lifetime but his titles are always intriguing. I saw an Ulrich Seidl film a while back that was a documentary about people and their pets, it was wacky and I give it a big thumbs up; I believe he's moved on from docs and makes fiction film now. Import/Export sounds intriguing. A coupla of classic screenings: The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943), Distant Voices, Still Lives (1988). A handful of British films and a coupla French, Australian and Israeli, as well. Denmark, Thailand, Japan, Singapore, Brazil, China and Mexico also represented.

Sydney Film Festival

No comments: