Monday, February 5, 2007

The princess kept the view?

I thought Prince absolutely ruled last night! Prince has been off-to-the-side for years now and he's been watching these old timey shlubs like Paul McCartney and the Stones (trust me, the NFL would love to just trot out Paul McCartney every year and be done with it) and these amateur punks like Justin Timberlake and he's been saying to himself, 'I can kill these bitchez.' And I thought the proof was in the half time show. He had full command of the audience, it was a well-conceived medley, he reminded everybody that he is the most underappreciated guitarist of the last 30 years, the backlit shadow solo was phenomenal and you can't front on a marching band! (Incidentally, I own only 1 Prince CD (The Black Album), I never saw Purple Rain and the only thing I'd heard before this that I can say I really, really dug was a bootleg from the Sign of the Times tour. Just for the record, I respect his musicality but I've never really listened to that much of him before. I wasn't sure what his show would be but I figured he'd be good and he was.)

Prince -- Super Bowl Medley, part 1
Prince -- Super Bowl Medley, part 2

No comments: