Friday, April 13, 2007

'No, its about the money'

That Master Shake--irrepressible! When he enlists Zakk Wylde to re-invent the Happy Birthday song, it all goes wrong and leads to hijinks and bloodshed. The ATHF leap from the small screen to the big screen opens today and I want to be there to suck in some of the vibe.

(Just between you and me, the music editor, I don't quite know who is supposed to go see this movie. I know the show has its ravenous fans, I'm one of them. But the show rarely develops much of a plot in its normal 15 minute running time, what on earth are they going to do for an hour and a half? The critics are going to absolutely savage this film and those who don't know about the brilliance of ATHF will not be convinced to plunk down 8 bucks. I suppose it'll be boffo on video and the budget shouldn't be higher than 5 or 6 episodes of the show, so its got a shot at re-couping but I'm dubious. I'm gonna check it out but I'd suggest you check out the episodes before you go to the movie film.)

Zakk Wylde on Aqua Teen Hunger Force

No comments: