Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'll be around

I think Astrud Gilberto has the sexiest voice in the history of music. (I like Billie Eckstine too but his supple baritone doesn't quite get me in the spine the way Ms. Gilberto can) I feared I'd find very little on You Tube and there were a chunk of live performances (well, the same performance in many short takes) and a hand full of homemade jobs. This one was fun, taking clips from Ghost World, Phone Booth, Pillow Talk (correct me if I'm wrong please) and Dial 'M' for Murder to create a montage of people talking on the phone mixed and matched so that Scarlett Johanson from Ghost World can chat with Ray Milland from Dial 'M' for Murder (not to be confused with the Troy McClure vehicle Dial 'M' for Murderousness). I especially dug Rock Hudson maxin' in the tub while Grace Kelly fights for her life. Oh yeah, the song is sweet and Astrud is in fine form.

Astrud Gilberto -- 'Call Me'

No comments: