Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Make my poor heart skip a beat

You know this is old school when Stevie Ray Vaughan is referred to as 'new blood'. Albert King reminds me a bit of Thelonius Monk: Monk would hover over the keyboard and stab at the notes, Albert similarly throws his big hands all around the fretboard and seems to get what he wants. This is good stuff right here although the live sound is far from ideal. BB King lets the action percolate before getting to the stage but he's a fine capper to a marvelous collaboration but some of the great badasses of all time.

Albert King, BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughan -- 'The Sky is Crying'

BONUS -- BB King Sings About His Other Ailments (from Spike Feresten Show)

Music Editor Milestone -- 207 entries since January 14 and Stevie Ray Vaughan is the first person I've ever used twice. I had hoped to never repeat myself but for SRV I can make an exception.

No comments: