Saturday, December 13, 2008

Heisman Prediction

My pre-season prediction for the Heisman Trophy was that Tim Tebow would dominate the SEC and win a second trophy. Right now I think the Trophy belongs to Colt McCoy, a guy on no one's radar early on, he willed Texas to a fine season and barely missed a shot at the championship. Sam Bradford put up ridiculously impressive numbers and he did get his shot at the championship where he'll meet Tebow and he'll have plenty of voter support. But on the eve of the presentation, I'm sticking with Tebow. Though I think he was realistically 3rd place out of these three, I think Bradford and McCoy will split the vote and Tebow rides his base support to a 2nd Heisman. (Another stray prediction: if Tebow stays at Florida for 1 more year, he'll win another Heisman, another championship and go down as one of the greatest college players ever. On the other hand, with the Wildcat offense taking over the pros, his game may be more Sunday-worthy than anyone yet gives him credit for) I'm looking forward to Oklahoma-Florida but I gotta say, the rest of the bowls don't really excite me this year. Oh well, I'll watch them anyway.

No comments: