Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Deep deep sleep

Here's a clip of Radiohead from way back in the day. (You've got Radiohead's new free album, right?) In my youth I was what might be called an 'early adopter' of music, I was generally ahead of the trends. But in my later college days, I lost interest in keeping up the financial wherewithal to be an early adopter and so gradually drifted away from whatever it was the kids were digging on. At any rate, Radiohead hit the big time right around the time I was withdrawing from the popular world, so it took me many years to catch on to these guys. I vaguely remember the song 'Creep' but I don't remember hearing that record or even much about them back in the day. But I'm glad I did finally catch on to them, they fucking rock, man. Thom Yorke, obnoxious punkass that he is, is quite a badass and I'm sure I'd be a dick too if I were kicking as much ass as he does. Now they're giving away product--a no-no when Microsoft does it but the cat's meow when it comes from these guys--and I say bravo. As a guy no longer willing to keep up with the joneses, I'll take all the free shit I can carry.

Radiohead -- 'Airbag'

No comments: